Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspiration

So I'm still waiting on the Foreign Service stuff. So far, I am somewhere in the 60's with not a very good chance of getting hired. And today offers went out for the May class which means I only have two more shots at getting a call this year - one in July and one in September. In case you don't remember, I expire off the register in October.

So with all of that, I have been meaning to take the test again, but just haven't been very inspired to start studying again. However, this weekend, I got the urge to start studying and will do so with a vengeance for the test in July. Yes, I have to wait until July to take the test again. If I fail, I will have to wait until July of 2009 to take it again which is a bummer, but hey, another year to study. If I pass however, I will need to be invited to take the Oral examination again and if I pass that, I will need a better score than my 5.3 I received last time. So pretty much the entire process starts all over again. Which is okay I guess.

For those of you keeping track - I first took the written exam in April of 2006. I passed the Oral exam in February of 2007. So if everything goes well this second go round of testing, I may have a job in 2009 or beyond. The key is persisence and I'm gonna keep trying. Or get married to a Foreign Service Officer. Whichever one comes first :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, double your goals, double your chances to reach one of them, right? Have your eye on any particular FSO?
I admire your peseverance and pray you can retain all that is needed for this test, and all would go smooth if indeed this is the route you are to go...
You continue to inspire me...
Cher

Lisa said...

I know no FSO's :) If you have any leads...HA Ha ha.