Friday, October 12, 2007

A Headlamp At Midnight

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. This week has been a very hectic one for me and somewhat anxiety ridden as well. I have a scary feeling that I may have bed bugs. I know, ick, gross, ewwey, blech, and lots of other words. My face is scrunching up at this very minute. However, I'm not ashamed to tell the blogosphere about this. Why? I'm not sure, but anyway, I've told you. I have had some strange bites on my legs the past couple of days and have found some strange little bugs on the carpet. For the record, bed bugs are not microscopic and can be easily seen by the naked eye. I know: ick, gross, ewwey, blech etc.

I have been praying that this is not the case, but anyway, I've had some really funny moments this week last at night in my room with the lights turned off and a headlamp on my head looking for bugs anywhere and everywhere. I was laughing at myself and sorry I couldn't see what I looked like. I mean, I'm tearing the bed apart, the metal frame was disconnecting, the mattress was up against the dresser, I'm on my hands and knees in a dress looking in the carpet. I even slept with the headlamp under my pillow so that in the middle of the night when the bugs might be out feeding, I could surprise them with the headlamp. Alas, I have found very little as a result of these efforts.

I'm hoping that whatever has been biting me is gone far, far away and I can put the headlamp back in the bag where it belongs under my bed. I'm ready for the weekend and no bugs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Leisel,

I've enjoyed reading your past posts and catching up on your life. I miss our daily chats!!!!! I hope all is well with you! Oh, and I hope you don't have bedbugs! :)

jf

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I picture the scene, and am laughing out loud. Hilarious! I hope you get them varmits out of your bed!

Cher said...

I love it! So glad for your sense of humor. It made me smile reading about it. Reminded me too of the moments I had to laugh at myself "envisioning" how something looked that I was doing...

Cher