Thursday, September 06, 2007

Physical Discipline Update

Yesterday was my three week mark of participating in Weight Watchers. As mentioned in the previous post, I had falled off the wagon the previous week and I think I was being dragged through the dirt this past week as I was half on and half off. But my weigh in was successful. Another pound gone!

So for those of you keeping track...

Starting Weight: 153.8
Current Weight: 151.2
Difference: -2.6

In addition, I am committing to train for a 10K race on Thanksgiving day, known as the Turkey Trot. Two years ago I ran in the 2 mile fun run with my roommate Anne and friend Christy. This year, we are all gearing up for a big time race. Should be fun!

I have had some interesting thoughts the past couple of weeks as I've been on this WW program. I have had moments of sadness for foods that I probably won't eat much anymore. Not because I can't, but because I shouldn't. As I'm changing my mindset of food and eating to live, not living to eat, I have been struck by the hold food has had in my life. Now granted, I grew up eating lots of wheat bread and whole grain cereals, salad with dinner almost every night, lots of vegetables, juices and water, oodles of olive oil. So I don't have terrible eating habits and for that I'm so thankful to my parents. I like to eat foods that are good for me. Anyway, it was interesting to know that I was grieving certain foods. The only one that comes to mind at the moment is mayonnaise, but I've been cutting that out of my diet for a while now anyway. I'll post more as I think of them.

No comments: