Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An Authentic Life

I watched part of the Dateline interview with Angelina Jolie and something that Anne Curry said about Angelina really struck a chord with me. She mentioned that Angelina is so focused on living an authentic and useful life.

I want to live an authentic and useful life. I see so many areas in my life that aren't that way, but that is truly my heart's desire. I know that only way that I can do that is to ask God for His guidance and to do what He tells me to do. To walk in the freedom that He promises when I follow after Him. And not just follow, but actually do what He wants me to do. That means saying no sometimes. That means walking away sometimes. That means saying goodbye sometimes. That means being a good steward of my time, energy, talents, gifts, resources and using them in the right places for the right things at the right time for the right people. What that looks like I have no idea.

But I do know that I want to be focused on living an authentic and useful life.

No comments: