Thursday, December 07, 2006

A "Reduction In Force"

Basically that is fancy talk for getting laid off, employment terminated, canned, kicked to the curb, shown the door, dismissed, "fired". That is what happened to me and 100 other fellow employees yesterday. Some of them I have never met. Some are good friends that I have enjoyed spending the bulk of my time in cubicle world with.

Some of my good friends were not lucky enough to be part of this distinguished group of 103. I wish them all the best. I hope they finish strong this year proving that they are not going to let something so completely out of the blue and devastating affect the jobs that they still have. I want to be proud of what they do next.

As for me, my first reaction was He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is in absolute control of my life, always has been and always will. I know without a doubt that I was supposed to take this job. I have a complete peace. It is a bit surreal at the moment, but it is a peace nonetheless.

More to come I'm sure. One upside to all of this is that I now have more time for blogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! i'm so so sorry! (but if you ever want to hang out during the week between resume flogging, feel free to come on over! the home office is always open!)

-katie

Anonymous said...

Loverman-
I miss you. The mornings aren't the same...I didn't realize how much I had gotten to depend on seeing you every day. :( For the record--when I saw y ou when you came out of the announcement--all over your face was your peace. It was AWESOME. What an amazing and wonderful example of God's goodness and grace and power that you've shared with our co-workers. It's been an amazing blessing to see that and hear how that has been recieved. I'm so proud of you--and that you are my friend! ;) -crtidefan