Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What a Day!

Checked my email this morning and there were lots of posts from people in my Foreign Service yahoo group saying that results were avaiable online. I went to the site, downloaded my results letter and found out that I had passed the Foreign Service Written Exam! I was pretty excited and a little in shock. Step 1 of 550 (or something like that) completed.

I also received an email from a college friend of mine that I recently reconnected with and the words he spoke and encouraged me with and the topics the email covered were exactly the right thing. Praise God for faithful servants who listen to His voice and His heart and are obedient in following Him. I wish him peace, protection, and boldness as he heads to Israel in a few days. He does not go alone, but with all the power and glory of His heavenly Father and the angels accompanying him. Pray for him that where his feet go, the Spirit of God will be felt and manifested in the hearts and lives of the people.

Earlier this week, I was praying for the situation in the Middle East that the living water available from the throne of God will pour out into that region quenching the fires in the hearts of men and in the streets. I don't normally speak such things on this blog, but I believe and know that in situations like this when I feel helpless and frustrated by what is right and what is wrong and what should be done, I can only fall on my knees and ask God to reign supreme in these situations. My friend and the church group he is going with are ambassadors of peace both for the region and the souls of those they meet.

1 comment:

Editfish said...

Congratulations on passing the WE, Lisa! Look for the open door...