Wednesday, July 19, 2006

There Is No Such Thing As Coincidence

This past Sunday, my church had its annual Baptism by the Bay (Chesapeake). About 12 people were baptized including my pastor's dad which was pretty cool. We played games like marshmallow and water balloon toss and tug of war. Then a big picnic, some praise and worship on the beach and the baptism.

I was struck that each person getting baptized had a different story and different path to all arrive at this same point: making a public profession that they are a follower of Christ.

This was the first year that I was able to attend the Baptism By the Bay in the four years I've attended the church. I always see the videos and get emotional at the awesome dedication and excitement and commitment exhibited.

When I got home I pulled out my own baptism in the bay pictures. I couldn't remember how old I was when I was baptized. I checked the date on the back and it said July 1986. Exactly 20 years I was also baptized in the bay. God remembered and made it possible for me to be at this years baptism. Kind of like an anniversary. God is amazing!

My dad is in the striped shirt, my mom is standing just behind him. The guy in the flowered shirt is our pastor at the time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable! Very cool timing.