Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Doggie Do-Right

This morning it was off to the vet to see about getting meds for Paddington. The vet did a great job checking out his range of motion and did indeed concur that he has some pretty intense arthritis on his left side. They drew blood and gave me pills and Paddington is back at home resting. He is currently unable to get up once he lays down so I have to help him get up. Once he's up he's okay. Hopefully the meds will improve this situation. Otherwise, it's not going to be fun.

I did barricade the kitchen floor however, because I'm not sure how safe that is for him to be sprawled out on struggling to get up. He may hurt himself even more.

Ahh the joys of motherhood :) At least with children they can tell you what's wrong and you can explain things to them. A dog...well, even as smart as my egghead is, he can't speak to me.

No comments: