Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lent Anyone?

Today is Ash Wednesday and the first day of Lent. In the Catholic faith tradition, this is the time to "fast" or give up something in preparation for Easter. This year I have decided to give up television. I hope to fill the time getting more into the Bible and spending more time in prayer and devotional activities. I also want to have more time in general and think that letting go of TV for a while will help in that way.

The only shows that I think I will miss not seeing are the Oscars, The Amazing Race, and a new show on TLC called "Little People, Big World". Tivo anyone?

4 comments:

Christy said...

You aren't suppossed to tell what you're giving up!! Good luck with that! I have tivo...but i ain't sharing!!! ;)

Lisa said...

Oh you're not? I didn't know that. I figure the more people I tell, the more accountable I'll be :) I figured you would ocmment on the tivo thing :)

kelly said...

I think I'd rather give up food than TV.
Without TV I can hear myself thinking!!

Lisa said...

Kelly...and that would be a bad thing? You have so many lovely, creative thoughts that I'm sure are tired of being repressed by mind numbing television. I couldn't go without food. I'm too addicted :)